- 1 biscuit (cooked, from a can; not flaky if possible)
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 egg
- handful of shredded cheddar cheese
- If using a cast-iron skillet, start heating it now.
- Cut your biscuit open down the middle horizontally.
- Butter the inside and outside of your biscuit.
- (If using a regular skillet, now is the time to turn the heat on) Add a spoon of butter to the skillet and let it melt.
- Put the biscuit face down on the melted butter, and press flat with a spatula. Grill for about 30 secs, or until golden brown.
- Fiip biscuits and repeat.
- Remove from pan and cook your bacon in the still-hot pan.
- Once bacon is cooked and removed, crack your egg into the same pan.
- Pop the yolk, season, and cook.
- When the egg is about 10 seconds from being cooked, sprinkle a handful of shredded cheese in a pile and melt in the pan.
- Lay the egg on top of the cheese for about 5 seconds, then scrape up and slide them onto a biscuit half.
- Put your bacon on the biscuit, and it’s ready to eat!
-I often cook the biscuits and bacon ahead of time, so that this breakfast gets on the table even faster!
-You can use your own variations, like sausage or a different cheese, but we have found this combination to be a crowd-pleaser