Time: 1hr 10min
- 1 lbs raw carrots
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- Enough Fresh-squeezed orange juice to cover the carrots in the pot. (We used 14 mandarin oranges)
- Peel and chop the carrots.
2. Juice the oranges.
3. Put carrots and orange juice in the pot.
4. Sprinkle in the sugar, bring it to a simmer on medium-low heat, and let them cook.
5. You don’t want to boil them, and you’re going to let them cook until the juice makes a syrup, which will be after the carrots are soft.
We cooked these for just about one hour, so that they still had texture and were not mushy.