Time: 25 minutes
Servings: About 6 (easily doubles)
- One 28oz can brown hickory baked beans
- 10oz seasoning blend
- About 4 slices raw bacon
- ¼ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Season-all
- Chop the bacon into bite-sized pieces.
2. Start browning the bacon in a heavy-bottomed pot, for about 2 minutes.
3. Add 1/4 of the seasoning blend and stir, scraping the bottom of your pot to remove any stuck-on pieces.
4. Add more seasoning blend and repeat the stir and scrape process until you’ve used all the seasoning blend.
5. Sprinkle in your seasoning.
6. Once all of the seasoning blend is browned (see video), pour in the beans and stir.
7. Add the brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
8. Add the BBQ sauce and stir.
9. Turn the heat to medium-low and put the lid on. The goal is to keep them simmering for 15 minutes. You do need to keep stirring them every few minutes so they don’t stick to the pot, and be sure they aren’t boiling.
10. Once you can see that the beans have thickened, they’re ready to serve.